NDC Communicator Dela Edem, has bemoaned the slothfulness of the 21st Century youth in Ghana. Contributing on Peace FM's Morning programme "Kokrokoo", Dela Edem expressed disappointment in the Ghanaian youth for becoming overly hooked on social media.
According to him, it appears social media has highly impacted the lives of the youth to the extent that some have lost control over their "common sense."
Dela Edem recounted that social media apps like 'whatsapp', 'viber' and the likes have become the order of the day for the youth.
“The youth today only work on whatsapp, social media, tango, viber. They won’t learn anything. We talk of technology but it’s only children…In fact, they lack the common sense to learn something useful."
To him, until the youth recover the conscience to put up a good character, Ghana will keep retrogressing.
"We ignore our own attitude and character and then we start searching for a politician to blame...This is the reason why this nation is still underdeveloped," he said.
- Pressure Mounts On SIMNET Over $45m Case
- Koforidua Kids Burnt To Death
- 'No Damba Festival In Bawku'
- Man Denies Paternity Of 5 Children
- GIS Officer Grabbed For Gun Running
- President Mahama Charges Police Service To Bring Perpetrators Of Murders To Book
- Circuit Court Has No Jurisdiction Over Rape Cases—Justice Emmanuel Ekow Mensah
- Police To Implement GHC60 Spot Fines
- Nayele Saga: Any Ordinary Person Can File For A Review?
- Legon Terror Arrested