Trial of Johnson Kombian, the convicted jail breaker, at an Accra Fast Track High Court for the murder of two police officers at the Nakpanduri Scarp in the Northern Region resumes today.
The trial was adjourned Wednesday to enable lawyers in the Greater Accra Region to attend the Regional Bar Conference.
The case was consequently adjourned just when it was about to be called. The childhood friend of Kombian, who was in court to testify, would have to do so today before returning to Nakpanduri in the Bunkprugu Yunyoo District of the Northern Region where he resides.
The trial is presided over by Justice Habib Logoh.
The suspect has denied the charges levelled against him in his evidence, saying that he did not have anything to do with the death of the police officers—Constables Prince Agyare and Owusu Frimpong—and did not shoot at the surviving police officer, Constable Osei Bonsu.
The suspect has told the court that he was not even in Ghana on November 17, 2010—the day the police officers were killed—as he was in Togo and could not have been the one who shot at the officers.
He also complained of police brutality and the burning of his house by the police when they were looking for him.
He denied that any court had ever convicted him of robbery and challenged anybody who had evidence to that effect to prove so, adding that he had nothing against the police officers to want to kill them.
About six witnesses have so far testified against Kombian including ASP Mumuni Abdulai, the former District Police Commander for Bunkprugu Yunyoo, the pathologists who conducted postmortem on the deceased policemen and the surviving police officer in the attack, Constable Osei Bonsu.
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Begoro S£xtapes man victims as chief says he's an SDA Choir master
- 37-year-old woman wanted for alleged GH¢470,000 theft
- Efforts to develop meaningless without institutional reforms - Nii Moi Thompson
- KKD saga: Court directs prosecution of case today
- Govt moves to tighten security of websites after Turkish Group hack
- Rawlings, Kufuor hail Kojo Yankson's new book
- Kombian Trial Resumes Today
- Cop Murder Trial In Limbo
- That's My Too much schooling yet little education
- Leaked: Ghana Tertiary Awards 2015 Art Work