The Tema Metropolitan Assembly (TMA) has rolled out a regeneration plan which is aimed at retaining the city as Ghana's Industrial hub.
More industries are expected to be established while collapsed ones will be revived when the plan is put into action.
Over the years, many of the industries established in the Tema enclave have collapsed leading to an increase in unemployment.
The Tema Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Isaac Ashai Odamtey told Joy News the plan includes enhancing security, fixing the road network and expanding the port.
He noted that security plays an important role in the lives of people assuring, there will be an improvement in the level of security so that people can go about their duties without fear.
He said enough funds have been injected into the expansion of the Tema Port which has already begun and is hopeful that once all these improvements have been made the city will go back to what it used to be.
- $2.6m burnt meters: ECG board ignores minister's directive
- Photos: Mona | Kenpong's girlfriend living the highlife | Money makes the world go round pictures
- AUDIO: Mona Exposed | Asamoah Gyan has eaten Ghanaian Millionaire Kennedy Agyepong AKA Kenpong's wife Mona says ex-wife amanda | Even Sulley Muntari, Emmanuel Adebayor and Others Have all slept with her
- Mahama rallies Abudus and Andanis for peace
- Photos: Rev Mike Abossey launches 'Prayer; Divine Conversation'
- Interior Minister wants inter-ethnic peace committee formed in Nkonya
- Agogo NPP polling station executive murdered; Police hunt for suspects
- NDC woman turns heat on Nayele's mother; wants her investigated
- Kpong Dam Generation Station route closed
- Atta Akyea et al may head to Supreme Court over GNPC loan saga