Prof Naana Opoku Agyemang, Education Minister
A 34-year-old professional teacher is in the grips of the Brong-Ahafo Regional Police Command for allegedly killing his two-month-old son.
Stephen Kyere, a teacher at Tekese Junior High School near Drobo in the Jaman South District, was arrested by the police from his hideout on Wednesday, June 17, at about 7pm after smashing the head of his son, Raphael Anarfi Agyemang, on the ground earlier in the day, killing him instantly.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Christopher Tawiah, Public Relations Officer of the Brong-Ahafo Regional Police Command, who confirmed the incident to DAILY GUIDE, said the teacher would soon be processed for court under a provisional charge of murder.
He explained to DAILY GUIDE that the suspect, who is a married man, has a girlfriend by name Mariam Takyiwaa, 22, with whom he had the child.
The PRO said the mother of the deceased child went to the school of the suspect on that fateful day to demand for the child's National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) registration fees.
The suspect, who did not understand why the woman should come to the school to demand money from him, became offended and a quarrel ensued between the two. In the process, the suspect snatched the toddler from the mother and hit his head on the ground, killing the baby instantly.
The mother of the child raised an alarm and the suspect, on seeing that people were coming to the scene, took to his heels leaving the woman and her child in their agony.
According to the police, the Assemblyman for the area, Clement Adjei, and one Alhaji Abu reported the incident to the police. The suspect was later arrested after the police mounted a manhunt for him.
Meanwhile, the body of the two-month-old boy has been deposited at the St Mary's Hospital morgue at Drobo pending autopsy.
FROM Fred Tettey Alarti-Amoako, Sunyani
Email: [email protected]
- Blakk Rasta may likely be hauled before Bar of Parliament- Baako
- Asamoah Gyan faces 25 years jail sentence if found guilty of rape charge
- 5 days to quit public service; doctors to hold final meeting to decide
- Asamoah Gyan s3x scandal: Sarah Kwabla to sue media houses
- VIDEO: Sarah Kwabla is REALLY WILD Like A CAT in bed - Watch Asamoah Gyan leaked Tape and pregnant partner
- 3 Recruitment Fraudsters Busted
- NADMO Swerves Disaster Victims
- SSNIT Blows Workers' Money On Football Fans
- 'Arrest Papa Poku For Fraud'
- I Don't Know Cost Of Dumsor - Minister