Kwasi Kyei Darkwah, a popular Ghanaian TV star has rendered an unqualified apology to Ghanaians for what he calls a ' public ridicule and disgrace that ensued by reason of the fleeting pleasure of the flesh involving Ewureffe Orleans Thompson and myself .'
KKD was arrested after he allegedly raping a nineteen year old girl; Ewureffe Orleans Thompson at the Africa Regent Hotel in Accra.
KKD admitted to having “consensual sex” with Miss Orleans Thompson but has vehemently denied raping her.
He has been denied bail on two occasions and was admitted at the Police Hospital with a swollen foot.
However, on Tuesday, 13th January, 2015, the alleged victim said she was no longer interested in the case
According to Orleans Thompson, she wants to reorganise her life adding that “God will serve her justice”.
In a statement signed by KKD moments after news of the alleged rape victim's letter to discontinue with the case went viral, the ace broadcaster said he acknowledges that he has sinned and has prayed to God for forgiveness.
KKD also asked the media “to spare Ewureffe and our respective families any further agonies.”
Below is the full statement by KKD
I, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah wish to make this public announcement that I truly and sincerely apologise for the public ridicule and disgrace that has ensued by reason of the fleeting pleasure of the flesh involving Ewureffe Orleans Thompson and myself.
I acknowledge I have sinned and have prayed to my God for forgiveness for all that trauma I have caused the young woman.
I plead with all in the media to spare Ewureffe and our respective families any further agonies.
“Kindly pray for us”
- Petitioner wants other 'culprits' in CHRAJ scandal to be investigated
- War of words rages between IMANI and Fifi Kwetey
- New CHRAJ boss should rebuild public confidence in the Commission - Emile Short
- New twist to KKD scandal: State may continue prosecution but... Lawyer
- CHRAJ Commissioner suspended
- Police Recruitment Fraud Of GHC138,410 Uncovered
- Breaking News: KKD to be freed soon? Rape girl withdraws case in 2 page letter
- VIDEO & AUDIO: The Shameful Mona & Amanda War | A Friend of Mona Replies Amanda
- Ghana Is Chosen By God Despite Hardship
- ISODEC Kicks Against Fuel Mitigation Levy