About six prisoners at the Bibiani police post in the western Region are said to have broken jail. The incident was said to have happened around 1 am Sunday.
The six prisoners included two murder suspects while the others were being held for committing crimes such as theft and robbery.
Bibiani District Police Commander, DCOP Francis Annor who confirmed the incident to Joy News explained that “they opened the padlock and got out around 1am this dawn. We are still chasing them so we haven't even gotten the time to investigate and find out how they were able to get out.”
DCOP Annor however mentioned that two of the prisoners have been re-arrested and “I'm sure by close of day, we will get almost all of them and the court will decide.”
Story by Ghana/Myjoyonline.com
- Respect our Rights … Persons With Disability tell public, service providers
- Court remands man for attempted murder
- Ghana Needs More Optimistic People - Prez Mahama
- 130 policemen in V/R trained in public order management
- Classrooms turned into smoking and defecating grounds
- Solmed donates 20,000 cedis to support girl child education at Axim
- Three die in boat accident on Volta River
- Environmental arrangement at Jubilee field; Ghana on course- Sherry Ayittey
- EPA begins confiscating “second-hand” fridges
- Aburi Gardens Has Not Been Sold