Chairman of Databank, Mr Ken Ofori-Atta has sued a Communications Consultant to President Mahama, Sam George Nettey for defamation.
The vociferous politician and Network Broadcasting Limited, operators of Accra-based Radio Gold, were sued by banker and businessman, over claims made by Sam George on the station's Alhaji and Alhaji show on 18th October, 2014.
He is claiming GHC100 million in damages against the defendants for claiming that Mr. Ofori-Attah does not pay his taxes.
Below are the claims made by Mr. Ofori-Atta in the suit:
1. Mr. Ken Ofori-Atta today filed a defamation case at the High Court against Sam George, a Communications Consultant to President John Mahama, and Radio Gold
2. Sam George has falsely alleged that Ken Ofori-Atta was (a) evading taxes (b) does not pay his taxes...and then gets up and wants to Occupy.
3. He also stated that Ken was engaged in fraudulent activities concerning a foreign account belonging to the party.
4. The comments were made on Alhaji & Alhaji on 18 October 2014 on Radio Gold
5. Radio Gold did nothing to verify or get Ken's side of the story. Deliberately of course
6. The claim is for, amongst other things, 100 million Ghana Cedis against Sam George and Radio Gold.
7. Ken claims he has suffered damage to his reputation as a result of the comments.
Mr. Nettey and Radio Gold are expected to reply to the suit.
- Zoomlion Touches More lives
- Enhance Your Capacity As Insurance Practitioners - Commissioner of Insurance
- Chief Imam Greets Christians
- OccupyGhana To Put Pressure On EC In 2015
- Parliament On Recess For Holidays
- Kumasi Residents Cry For Action Over Excessive Noise
- President Mahama cautions drivers against recklessness during Christmas
- Mr. President, I like you, but I no longer trust your government on pensions. Sorry
- 2nd Lady Matilda Amissah Arthur: Donates To Kokrobite Children Centre
- DPSI School Reaches Out To Needy And Abused Children In Tema Over Festive Season