Member of Parliament for Nsawam Adoagyiri, Frank Annor Dompreh is asking government to immediately provide alternative accomodation for Madam Lauretta Lamptey, Commissioner for the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ) and end her stay at the plush hotel she is currently occupying.
The Daily Graphic newspaper reported that the under fire CHRAJ boss is still staying at hotel three months after her rent bills sparked a public outcry.
The newspaper also reported that over GHs160, 000 was spent between August and November on hotel bills alone.
Frank Annor Dompreh, one of the two petitioners who want the CHRAJ boss impeached in an interview with Citi News expressed surprise over government's continuous waste of resources on Lauretta's hotel bills when other economically viable means can be adopted to accommodate her.
He intimated that 'I am surprised to hear that even as we speak the CHRAJ boss is still cruising and enjoying in the hotel and the bill would have to be borne by the Ghanaian taxpayer. That is the aspect that saddens my heart. I think that in that direction government has not behaved appropriately and its time they behave by taking that woman from that hotel as soon as possible,'
On his petition, Annor Dompreh said 'as to whether investigations has stalled or not I think I want to respect her Ladyships office because she has communicated to me on this matter already and I can only wait until investigation is through.'
- Samini Used to CHOP DOWN the Arrested Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh aka Rubby Appiah?
- 9 more arrested over cocaine saga
- More Photos of the Ghanaian Woman-Nayele Ametefeh Whose ‘GOLD Turned into Cocaine’ at Heathrow Airport
- How Does Creation Of Power Ministry Solve Our Energy Problems? – Pratt Quizzes
- I Didn’t Know It Was Cocaine…I Thought It Was Gold – Nayele
- GhanaThink Foundation’s 2nd Barcamp Kasoa Contributes To A Healthy Market For Business
- Tigo Extends Deadline For Applications For ‘Digital Change-Makers’ Competition
- Engineers Excellence Awards slated for Saturday December 6
- 2014 Kloyosikplem: Prez Mahama Directs MMDAs To Enforce Sanitation By-Laws
- MP pushes for fresh investigation into fraud allegations against CHRAJ boss