A police officer from Bole has been shot at the residence of the Ashanti regional police commander DCOP Kofi Boakye, the command has confirmed.
The Ashanti Regional Police PRO ASP Yussif Tanko told Ultimate FM that the incident occurred on Monday evening, but suspect the visiting officer Constable Dennis Makorge is mentally deranged.
ASP Tanko said the victim went to the commander’s residence at Danyame and demanded to see him, but the guard informed him DCOP Boakye was not around.
The ensuing conversation degenerated into violent confrontations, leading to the guard firing the visiting policeman in the legs and thigh.
Makorge is currently on admission at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
According to ASP Tanko, the police administration is expecting the full recovery of the victim before they could launch investigations into the matter.
“At the moment, we have only taken the side of the police guard while we wait for his colleague on admission to recover. But from the narration he gave us, it looks like his colleague from north is mentally deranged,” ASP Tanko claimed.
- You Can Only Reduce Neo-Natal Deaths If You Take WASH Seriously
- Govt Saves GHS111.2m By Deleting 6k Ghost Names
- Im 27 Years And Still A Virgin Berla Mundi
- I Work Like A Dog Delay
- MPs call for security after murder of colleague
- Korle Bu begins probe into death of 21-year-old student
- Chief Hot Over Cemetery Sale
- NPP Chairman Dies
- Hole-In-Heart Girl Needs Help
- Gbawe-Mallam SSNIT Pensioners Mark One Year