The Police and Military are maintaining a heavy presence in Wa following clashes between two communities over land that left one woman dead and three wounded.
The Dondoli and Jujeidayiri communities in the Wa Municipality were on Saturday engaged in a fierce fire fight over the long standing land dispute.
A 38- year-old woman was shot dead.
ASP Edmun d Nyamekye, acting Public Relations Officer of the Upper West Regional Police said the body of the deceased had been released for burial in accordance with Islamic traditions.
The injured persons are also receiving treatment.
He said no arrest has been made even though a search has started for some names that came up.
- Police process KKD for court
- KKD Investigations Still Ongoing, No Charges Filed!
- I had consensual sex with 19-year-old, not rape- KKD
- Trade Ministry to be first customers of Kantaka vehicles
- ‘Rape’ Claims Against KKD False, Sex Was ‘Consensual’—Lawyer
- Joy FM journalist assaulted by KKD's 'supporters'
- Education Ministry rolls out plan to transform polytechnics into universities
- DPSI reaches out to needy and abused children
- Council of World Bishops slams Obinim; asks him to apologize to JJ
- Nkonya, Alavanyo residents disregard curfew