The head Pastor of the Eternal Grace Church has been arrested by police for allegedly defiling a 16-year-old apprentice dressmaker.
Reverend Lord Evans Appiah, reportedly forcibly had sex with the victim with the excuse of delivering her from a spirit.
The man of God vehemently denies the allegations.
The victim, name withheld, spoke to Joy News' Daryl Kwao from the Police Hospital, where she is undergoing a medical examination.
Showing intermittent signs of pain, the 16-year-old alleged that she had been sent to the pastor by her “Madam” [dressmaking instructor], who insisted she had a spirit of stubbornness within her.
According to her, she could not locate Reverend Appiah at the church building and therefore went to search for him in his house.
She explained that she is often sent to collect items from the Pastor's house by her trainer.
Upon locating the pastor in his house, she says the pastor placed her in a locked room and provided her with a concoction to bath with in order to rid herself of the spirit.
However, when she was dressing up after the bath, the pastor showed up and commanded her to follow him into a room where he asked to lie down, promising to provide her a spray which would exorcise her of the spirit.
This, she says, is when he forced himself on her.
A relative of the victim, also speaking to Joy News, said that doctors have confirmed sexual contact and are further suggesting that her cousin was forcibly penetrated.
She also revealed that the “madam” showed up to harass the family in an attempt to force them to withdraw their case against Reverend Appiah.
The police have declined to comment on the issue as investigations continue.
- 8 Arrested Over Boko Haram
- Chris Ackumey punches govt on Joy FM's Topsy-turvy
- Cal Bank MD hosts Joy FM's Super Morning Show
- USAID Ghana Awards Partnership For Education: Learning
- Amoateng battles to reclaim stool
- Police process KKD for court
- KKD Investigations Still Ongoing, No Charges Filed!
- I had consensual sex with 19-year-old, not rape- KKD
- Trade Ministry to be first customers of Kantaka vehicles
- ‘Rape’ Claims Against KKD False, Sex Was ‘Consensual’—Lawyer