Founder and General Overseer of the International God's Way church, Bishop Daniel Obinim says he is unperturbed by the recent public criticism of his actions since, “even, sinless Jesus was criticized”.
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS
Using a biblical anecdote to explain his point, the controversial pastor said: “Even Jesus who never married or had sex with anyone was accused of rape and several other crimes at his trial, before his death ”.
He added: "Even more painful, when the account of his death was being written, Isaiah (Prophet), wrote that he was counted among the sinners and even rapists.”
“If you are a man or woman here, why must you be worried about what is written against you? Even Him (Jesus) was accused. What was more painful against him was the rape charge; when He never married,” he told his congregation in a televised service on Saturday.
He noted: “God will intervene for us, I won’t speak again”.
Obinim, was last week involved in a war-of-words with famous TV personality, Afia Schwarzenegger.
Schwarzenegger took on the founder of the International God’s Way Church in a devastating fashion last week, dressing down the pastor as fake, corrupt and a disgrace to the Ashanti region where they both hail.
Her vituperative attack widely circulated on social media and Youtube came after the pastor insulted her during a church service to the delight of his congregation.
- We`re All Potential Victims To Disability—Hon Apiagyei Warns
- KNUST Alumni To Hold Extraordinary Congress
- Police investigate gruesome murder of Melcom security man
- Robbers Kill Melcom Security Man
- Cocaine Saga: Alhaji Dawood To Reappear In Court Today
- Mahama Jet Breaks Down
- Accra Residents Ditch 2nd National Sanitation Day
- Produce evidence GHC6m was spent on NSD, and I'll resign - Minister dares group
- Ecobank Manager Gunned Down
- Mahama decries chieftaincy disputes in Ghana