Kwasi Kusaga and Adzewoda Doamekpor
Reports reaching the DAILY GUIDE have indicated that the National Disaster Management Organization's (NADMO) distribution of relief items to disaster victims is misdirected to persons outside the target groups.
Since the June 3 Accra floods and explosion many of the survivors have complained about the frustrations they go through to get registered to qualify for the relief items as many of the people have allegedly registered their friends who are not victims.
This came to light early this week when DAILY GUIDE met two persons who had visited the headquarters to complain about their frustrations in getting registered.
They also expressed worry about the use of defunct assemblymen to write the names of the survivors of the June 3 Accra disaster as many of them enlist only their favourites who were not victims.
Eighty four year old Adzewoda Doamekpor who lives near Mamobi Guta, Accra told the DAILY GUIDE that he lived in a wooden structure in the area.
He indicated that he lost his entire possessions in flood when the water carried away the wooden structure.
The octogenarian continued that he quickly contacted one Hamidu for registration in order to benefit from any possible reliefs but this was ignored.
He alleged that Hamidu registered a number of people who were not victims and when he came to the headquarters the official in charge did not bother about his plight.
Mr. Adzewoda who at this time was enraged wondered why NADMO will not honour its commitment to him at least at his age as a senior citizen.
Interestingly when DAILY GUIDE started interrogating the old man some personnel quickly invited him into the office and yours truly had not seen him thereafter.
Kwasi Kusaga, a second victim who spoke to the DAILY GUIDE stressed that he was trapped by the flood waters and had to swim to save himself.
He equally expressed worry that NADMO authorities did not take any interest in his condition though everything he went through in the flood was fortunately captured by a television network.
He lamented that he lost his only son, Emmanuel Kusaga during the floods and had since not seen him.
Mr. Kwasi Kusaga said that he was at the headquarters to tell his story as he was finding it difficult to get registered and he had been waiting all day without anyone attending to him.
Mr. Kwasi Kusaga told the DAILY GUIDE that he is currently perching around the Tema harbour area.
By Solomon Ofori
- VIDEO: Sarah Kwabla is REALLY WILD Like A CAT in bed - Watch Asamoah Gyan leaked Tape and pregnant partner
- Health Ministry schedules second meeting with doctors to end service conditions impasse
- Wedding Wallet: How much must you spend?
- Teacher Kills 2-Month-Old Son
- 3 Recruitment Fraudsters Busted
- SSNIT Blows Workers' Money On Football Fans
- 'Arrest Papa Poku For Fraud'
- I Don't Know Cost Of Dumsor - Minister
- Gender Ministry distributes relief items to Keta communities hit by flood, tidal waves
- Mason Gets 20yrs for Defiling Girl, 5