The wife of the Vice President, Matilda Amissah Arthur on Thursday 5th February donated assorted food items and an unspecified amount to the Osu children's home in Accra.
Donating the items, Mrs. Matilda Amissah Arthur said: she was keeping with her commitment towards the well-being of the children at the home. Something she has being doing over the years by committing her time and resources to supporting care homes.
Mrs. Matilda Amissah Arthur said for the past 10 to 12 years, she has regularly donated items to them but believes in doing so after the festive occasions and is someone who is dedicated to the wellbeing of orphans and the vulnerable in society.
The supervisor of the Osu Children's Home, Mrs. Sharon Abbey, expressed her gratitude to the Second Lady for fulfilling her commitments at this particular time since the children really need them. On behalf of the staff and children in the home she praised the Second Lady for the generosity shown towards them over the years.
She took the opportunity to touch briefly on revelations by Investigative journalist AnasAremeyaw exposing teachers who maltreat students at the Bawjiase orphanage in Ghana. Condemning the inhuman treatment against children but stated that it’s currently under investigations, so we should wait for investigations to be finalized.
- Omane Boamah takes over as Mahamas spokesperson
- One remand inmate confirmed dead in Kumasi prison riot
- Prof. Akilakpa To Speak At Ghanas Day Of Shame
- Kumasi: Prison Officers' Uniforms Missing
- 'Dumsor' Will Be Like The Egyptians; We Shall See Them No More
- YES Introduces Business Clinic
- 4x100 Gold Medalist, Esther Dankwah Shows Love To The Needy
- 10 jailers assault inmate for raining curses on official
- Innovation needed to deal with impact of energy crisis on academic work - Minister
- PICTURES: Muna Obiekwe’s funeral photos - Muna Obiekwe’s Burial, Funeral & Lying In State Pictures: Late Nigerian Actor Buried In Umudioka, Anambra