Police at Elmina are investigating the circumstances that led Ernest Annan, a 20-year-old father to kill his own son on Christmas day.
Ernest Annan is said to have strangled the son, a seven-month-old baby to death, put him in a sack and was ready to dispose off the corpse.
Joy FM's Richard Kojo Nyarko reports the mother of the baby, Maame Esi has been left distraught.
Narrating the circumstances under which the baby was killed, an uncle of the deceased said the suspect who was sleeping in a room together with the wife and child decided the room was too hot and needed some fresh air.
He took the baby along with him and strangled him.
Maame Esi who was waiting anxiously for the return of her daughter decided to step out only to see her husband carrying a sack.
Sensing something was amiss she shouted at her husband, asking the whereabouts of her son.
Ernest Annan quickly dropped the sack and took to his heels. He was chased by some residents.
It took the assistance of a taxi driver, for the suspect to be arrested, Nyarko reported.
He has been handed over to the police who would then begin prosecution on Monday.
Meanwhile, the MCE Isaac Kweku Sam has visited the family of the deceased to commiserate with them.
- Energy Minister Blames Government for ECG's Huge Debts.
- Ashanti Regional Minister Applauds Kofi Boakye And Asantehene
- Eat early this Christmas to avoid pot belly - Health Minister
- Local Gov't Minister commends DCE for prudent use of IGF
- Kofi Boakye wants business activities banned on NSDs
- Ashanti Regional Minister Warns Criminals On Xmas Holidays
- 2014 Video Recap: Leaked Seks Tapes Scandals That Rocked Ghana In 2014
- 5 arrested for heroin at Kotoka
- Pentecost Chairman Greets Ghanaians
- Compassion Marks Human Rights Day