The Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Julius Debrah has commended the District Chief Executive for Bosome Freho, Kwame Adarkwah the judicious administration of internally generated funds (IGF).
Mr. Debrah, who considers the District as “small” in terms revenue mobilization was stunned at the massive developmental projects being undertaken and funded from the assembly's meagre resources.
Mr. Debrah made the remark on Tuesday, December 23, when he paid a working visit to the assembly in the company of his two deputies- Nii Lantey Vanderpuye and Emmanuel Agyekum- and the Ashanti Regional Minister, Dr. Samuel Sarpong.
The visit was to court the support of organisations in the region to towards the next Sanitation Day exercise will be marked in the Ashanti Region on January 3, 2015.
The delegation visited Boris B's Farms, leading distributor of animal feed with specialty in Poultry and Piggery, key distributor of egg trays and poultry equipment in West Africa.
Mr. Debrah and his entourage also visited the site of the alcoholic manufacturer called Obibini blackman, the entrepreneur promised to support the national sanitation day.
He called on Ministers to regularly visit industries in their respective regions in order to be abreast with the progress, challenges and peculiarities of the areas of administration.
At Anyanso, a farming community in the Bosome Freho District, the town folks commended the Local Government Minister his hard work to change the mindset of the citizenry with regard to the environment and also to bring improvements in economic activities at the districts.
He inspected progress of work on the market complex at Anyanso, projected to cost GhÈ¼154,000.
The team also inspected a 12-unit junior staff classroom block which is estimated at GhÈ¼400,000, the Electoral Commission's Office Complex at a cost of GhÈ¼30,000gh and GhÈ¼300,000 semidetached staff quarters all at Asiwa.
- GWCL to charge estate developers, landlords to lay pipelines in Adenta
- Drivers Gear Up To Wrestle Down GPRTU Chairman
- Energy Minister Blames Government for ECG's Huge Debts.
- Ashanti Regional Minister Applauds Kofi Boakye And Asantehene
- Eat early this Christmas to avoid pot belly - Health Minister
- Kofi Boakye wants business activities banned on NSDs
- Man kills baby on Christmas Day
- Ashanti Regional Minister Warns Criminals On Xmas Holidays
- 2014 Video Recap: Leaked Seks Tapes Scandals That Rocked Ghana In 2014
- 5 arrested for heroin at Kotoka