This year’s Lady Julia Osei Tutu Annual Nutrition Forum, has been followed up with a health walk and aerobic session, in Kumasi, to drum home the need to balance healthy eating with adequate physical activity in order to achieve optimal health benefits.
Lady Julia Osei Tutu in her address to participants at the Forum a day before the health walk, had encouraged, particularly women, to adopt simple regular physical practices to stay fit even as they go about with their daily chores at home.
She said “a walk from the shop front to the farthest end of the parking area, climbing stairs instead of taking lifts are all examples of daily activities which can contribute to the daily physical activity requirements.”
It was to give meaning to this advice that, as part of the forum, a 30 minute health walk, and aerobic session, was organized for the participants of the forum the next day.
The walk, which begun from the Manhyia Palace to the Airport Roundabout and back to Manhyia, was highly participated by some queen-mothers, ‘Keep Fit’ clubs as well as officials of some corporate organizations in the Region.
The participants after embarking on the walk were taken through some aerobic session to keep them fit.
Professor Agyemang Badu Akossah, who together with other dignitaries participated in the exercise, in a chat with the media advised that Ghanaians keep to regular daily physical exercise to stay healthy all the time.
Some of the queen-mothers and other participants of the health walk going through aerobic session, at the Manhyia Palace Park
- ATV Honoured By Mens Health Organization
- Morning Show Host Odeibea Jabs Residents Of Adabraka New Town On Community Watch
- MTN Completes 21 Days Of Yello Care Staff Volunteer Program
- Temporary shelter for displaced residents of Sodom and Gomorrah to be ready tomorrow
- Midland/GBU launches 'help buy canes for the blind' campaign
- 5 days to quit public service; doctors to hold final meeting to decide
- Asamoah Gyan faces 25 years jail sentence if found guilty of rape charge
- Asamoah Gyan s3x scandal: Sarah Kwabla to sue media houses
- VIDEO: Sarah Kwabla is REALLY WILD Like A CAT in bed - Watch Asamoah Gyan leaked Tape and pregnant partner
- Teacher Kills 2-Month-Old Son