The first anniversary service for late ace broadcaster, Komla Afeke Dumor, will be held today, Saturday January 17, 2015.
The service will take place at the Holy Spirit Cathedral at Adabraka in Accra and will be followed by the unveiling of his tomb later on Saturday.
The late media icon was a former presenter on Joy FM and until his death, he presented “Focus on Africa” programme on the BBC.
He died on Saturday, January 18, 2014 in his London home at the age of 41.
His body was flown home on February 3, 2014 and was buried on Saturday, February 22.
The impact of his death was felt by both Ghanaians and non-Ghanaians due to the unsurpassed mark he made within the short time he worked as a broadcast journalist.
In May 2014, his family launched the Komla Dumor Memorial Foundation in New York aimed at fostering dialogue on issues of development and to reshape the identity of Africa as the new frontier in the world system.
- Police arrest immigrations officer for illegal arms deal
- Kumasi ECG gets new warehouse
- Boko Haram crisis: Multi-national military action needed - Mahama
- Severe malnutrition hits Upper West Region
- President Mahama urged to intervene in Gambia
- Man convicted after having sex with mailbox
- Man, 20, arrested for raping 74-year-old woman in the bush
- Family, friends mark first anniversary of Komla Dumor
- Mona Montrage faiz kenpong's girlfriend is an international prostitute and a fraud says Adams her former boyfriend and fiancee
- Adams is Man Says Overnight Celebrity- MONA MONTRAGE FAIZ aka Hajia4Reall is a FRAUD & He Has Evidence But He Sounds a Little Dim Too