Ashanti Regional Police Commander DCOP Kofi Boakye is pushing for the strict enforcement of the sanitation laws to ban people from doing business during National Sanitation Days.
The Police Chief also wants a restriction to be placed on vehicular movements between the hours of 06:00-09:00 during which the clean-up exercise normally takes place.
DCOP Boakye was addressing the Local Government Minister, Julius Debrah and the Regional Minister Samuel Sarpong, who paid a working visit to the Command ahead of the next Sanitation Day which will be observed in the Ashanti Region on Saturday, January 3, 2015.
Mr. Debrah, his two deputies- Nii Lantey Vanderpuye and Emmanuel Agyekum have since the past couple of weeks been operating from the Ashanti Region and visiting institutions and business organisations to court support for the exercise.
The Minister pledged to give 500 litter bins and other equipment to be used for the Sanitation Day.
In a related development, the delegation toured the Obuasi Municipality in the Ashanti Region, where the members were led by the Chief Executive, Ofori Agyemang to inspect works on some ongoing projects.
The team inspected some ongoing projects including a lorry park, a court building, artisans' land site as well as construction of a 2-kilometre road leading to the court building.
At Kunka community, the delegation interacted with the chief and people and took part in the commissioning of the Kunka Health Centre.
- Drivers Gear Up To Wrestle Down GPRTU Chairman
- Energy Minister Blames Government for ECG's Huge Debts.
- Ashanti Regional Minister Applauds Kofi Boakye And Asantehene
- Eat early this Christmas to avoid pot belly - Health Minister
- Local Gov't Minister commends DCE for prudent use of IGF
- Man kills baby on Christmas Day
- Ashanti Regional Minister Warns Criminals On Xmas Holidays
- 2014 Video Recap: Leaked Seks Tapes Scandals That Rocked Ghana In 2014
- 5 arrested for heroin at Kotoka
- Pentecost Chairman Greets Ghanaians