The Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) has finally paid the judgment debt of over GHC 700,000 it owed its former Chief Executive Dr. Anthony Nsiah Asare, StarrFMonline.com can confirm.
The payment was made after a Kumasi High Court issued a garnishee order for the money to be withdrawn from the hospital's official account with the Universal Merchant Bank.
The court in September 2014 ordered the hospital to compensate Dr Nsiah Asare who was wrongfully dismissed in 2009.
A copy of the initial court order obtained by StarrFMonline.com outlined the following details
1.That the appointment of the plaintiff as CEO of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital KATH was regular.
2.That the termination of the plaintiff's and appointment by the 1st defendant on the instructions of the president was unlawful.
3.That the stoppage of the salary of the plaintiff by the 3rd defendant was unlawful
4.That the plaintiff be paid all his entitlements as at 31st January 2012 together with interests which are calculated as follows:
a.Salary from Apirl 2010 to January 2012(CEO salary, 1 house help, I driver, 2security guards)- GHC 81,119.05
b.Market premium for the same period -GHC 68,275.92
c.Allowances for the same period -GHC 104,582.45
d.End of service benefits for 11 year -GHC 111,014.15
Total entitlements - GHC 364,991.56
e.Interest from January 2012 to September 2014 – GHS282.260.12
Total entitlement with interest – GHC 647,251.68
5.That plaintiff be paid nominal damage of GHC 50,000.00
6.That plaintiff be paid cost of GHC 10,000.00
7.That accordingly, judgment is made hereby entered against defendants/ judgment debtors in the sum of GHC 707, 251.68
8.Further post judgment interest from 30/09/2014 until date of final payment
- Moderator Essay Competition Awards Winners For 2015
- Supreme Court cancels District Assembly Elections
- Pupils suspended for drinking palm wine in class
- Former KATH CEO paid judgement debt from hospital account
- Assemblyman-Aspirant Shot Dead In Wa
- AngloGold Ashanti Announces Management Changes At Its Ghana Office
- MTN builds capacity of online journalists
- Codec Challenge Dr. Osafo Marfo To Produce Tape
- Adulterous South African Couple Gets Stuck After Seks
- Cholera Outbreak Challenges Relief Efforts In Malawis Flood-Affected Communities