Francis Obiri, an Accra circuit court judge, yesterday suspended sittings after midday to mark the one-week celebration of the death of Constable Prince Charles Akattah.
He was one of the diligent, promising and hardworking police officers who regularly brought accused persons to the court for prosecution. Constable Akattah, 31, was killed when the police were exchanging fire with robbers during an anti-robbery operation at New Bortianor near Accra on January 7, 2015.
Meanwhile, some of the suspected robbers who were arrested during the operation have been arraigned before court for trial.
They are Issac Kwasi Boadi aka KK, unemployed; Kwame Anokye aka Tagor, driver's mate; Amos Bortey Borketey, driver; Isaac Addo Mensah aka Almera; Yaw Richard aka Opuni, driver; Sylvester Otwe, driver's mate and Kwasi Bentum, farmer.
They are each facing a three-count charge of conspiracy, robbery and attempted robbery.
All seven accused persons are said to have on December 9,2014, robbed Melcom supermarket and made away with two big flat screen television sets valued at GHÈ»5,800 and unspecified brand of new mobile phones at Madina, a suburb of Accra.
They are also said to have on December 6, 2014 attempted to rob at Weija, contrary to Section 18 (1) & 149 of ACT 29/60.
The Accra Regional Police Command has also declared Nathaniel Baidoo, the alleged leader of the 12-member robbery gang, wanted.
Apart from the suspect - nicknamed King Kong - his two other accomplices - Effah Kojo aka Obolo and Kwabena Kuma aka Kwabena Mark - have also been declared wanted by the police.
- More Investors Looking Ghanas Way
- Govt Payroll Doesnt Have Ghost Names
- Lets Respect Religious Sensitivities—Christian Council Advocates
- Untrained Teachers Call For Govt Support
- Deadline Approaches For USAID Powering AG Grants
- Rev Agidi inducted as Moderator of the E.P. Church
- Dissolving MMT Board won't solve problem - Ansah Sasraku
- Patrick Schwarzenegger’s girlfriend Miley Cyrus goes niked full-frontal for most shocking shoot yet
- KKD Rape Saga: Ewuraffe Could Be Charged + New PHOTO
- Manhyia Palace Summons Afriyie Acquah’s Wife, Amanda For Mentioning Otumfuor In Her Infamous Mona Audio