Four men suspected to be fans of fashion icon Kwasi Kyei Darkwa (KKD) have allegedly assaulted a journalist working for Joy FM.
The men, numbering about four pounced on Kwakye Afreh Nuamah when he attempted to take a photograph of KKD who has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a lady said to be 19-year-old.
The men accosted him, punched and twisted his arms when he refused to give up his mobile phone which he had used to file his report.
According to Afreh Nuamah the incident happened in the full glare of the Airport police.
He has since reported the case and taken a medical form to fill and present to the police.
KKD was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenager.
The two were believed to have had sex in a bathroom of the African Regent Hotel but the lady claimed she was assaulted.
Lawyer for KKD, Nana Asante Bediatuo told Joy News the two had consensual sex and would be unreasonable for anyone to claim she was raped under that circumstance.
Police have yet to charge him but have begun investigations into the matter.
- KKD Investigations Still Ongoing, No Charges Filed!
- I had consensual sex with 19-year-old, not rape- KKD
- Trade Ministry to be first customers of Kantaka vehicles
- ‘Rape’ Claims Against KKD False, Sex Was ‘Consensual’—Lawyer
- Police hunt for suspects in Wa 'conflict'
- Education Ministry rolls out plan to transform polytechnics into universities
- DPSI reaches out to needy and abused children
- Council of World Bishops slams Obinim; asks him to apologize to JJ
- Nkonya, Alavanyo residents disregard curfew
- Bats from Ivory Coast disturbing Bia-West