A staggering revelation by General Secretary of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) to owing a diplomatic passport has brought back the debate on who is entitled to it.
But the explanation of Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs in the erstwhile Kufuor administration has even made the exposé of the NDC scribe murkier.
Ms. Shirley Ayorkor Botchway on Accra based radio station; Peace FM explained that there are three types of passport, the normal, service and diplomatic type issued to Ghanaians depending on your stature in society.
Ordinary people, she noted are entitled to the normal type, the service type is given to heads of organizations who perform functions on behalf of government overseas.
The diplomatic passports, Ms. Botchway added is meant for the president, vice, Chief Justice and Parliamentarians, workers of the Foreign Affairs Ministry assigned abroad, ambassadors and their nuclear family and high-level officials.
So in which of these categories does General Mosquito belong?
Well, maybe as Board Chairman of the Bui Power Authority, he is entitled to a diplomatic passport.
- AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Mine Increases Safety Measures
- Cocaine lady appears before London court today
- Revealed: Finance Ministry still paying hotel bills for CHRAJ boss
- Amoateng Acquired Passport In Prison
- Sodomised Student Bares It All
- IMANI Hosts British High Commissioner, H.E. Jon Benjamin
- Accept Mentally Ill Persons As Part Of Society
- NDC Government Likely To Introduce 'SEX' Tax
- CHRAJ boss Lauretta Lamptey should be impeached - Prof Gyimah-Boadi
- Our presidents have not been in the habit of acting prudently - Prof. Gyimah Boadi