Kwesi Pratt Jnr
Managing Editor of the Insight newspaper, Kwesi Pratt has expressed worry over the creation of a new Ministry to oversee operations at the energy sector.
Contributing to Peace FM's “Kokrokoo”, Mr. Pratt was worried about the specific role the newly-created Power Ministry announced by the current administration would be performing to resolve the energy crises in the country.
According to the Insight newspaper Managing Editor, the number of Ministers and Ministries has been skyrocketing since the era of Ex-President Kufour and so called for some Ministries to be merged since the numbers are too many.
He therefore bemoaned the creation of the Power Ministry which to him, is just an additional cost to the economy.
He surmised that the creation of the Power Ministry will result in the country paying the new Minister and his workers, and also providing him with fringe benefits which will all incur additional cost.
“The Ministers are too many. The Ministries too much. We must merge some…How does it (Power Ministry) resolve all these problems? Somebody must explain to me,” he stressed.
- Cable Thief Remanded At Obuasi Court
- FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - Sandra Ankobiah living the highlife
- Samini Used to CHOP DOWN the Arrested Cocaine Girl-Nayele Ametefeh aka Rubby Appiah?
- 9 more arrested over cocaine saga
- More Photos of the Ghanaian Woman-Nayele Ametefeh Whose ‘GOLD Turned into Cocaine’ at Heathrow Airport
- I Didn’t Know It Was Cocaine…I Thought It Was Gold – Nayele
- Remove CHRAJ Boss From Hotel Now - Annor Dompreh
- GhanaThink Foundation’s 2nd Barcamp Kasoa Contributes To A Healthy Market For Business
- Tigo Extends Deadline For Applications For ‘Digital Change-Makers’ Competition
- Engineers Excellence Awards slated for Saturday December 6