BarCamp Kasoa 2014 is a free networking event to bring people together for a day of discussion, demos and dialogue about Kasoa, Ghana and beyond. This event would take place on November 29, 2014 at Hase International School, Kasoa. The theme is 'Contributing to a healthy market for business'. This 2nd Barcamp Kasoa event will be the 41st Barcamp in Ghana. This is part of the Barcamp Ghana program run by the GhanaThink Foundation, building a network of changemakers, doers and entrepreneurs.
At Barcamp Kasoa, we will discuss ways to make Kasoa a more attractive place to do business with a focus on health and sanitary conditions. We would discuss the present state of Kasoa, its emerging growth and how it will be affected by the many projects happening around it. We would also discuss how Kasoa and its surrounding areas can be positively affected by youth and how the youth can tap into the many opportunities around them. “Many young people have innovative ideas that needs funding and mentorship support, that is our focus for Barcamp Kasoa”, says Kofi Yeboah - Barcamp Ghana lead, “we want to bring together mentors and agencies that fun ideas to be under one umbrella”.
Barcamp Kasoa will feature a team from Ushahidi in Kenya, which will discuss Making All Voices Count, an international initiative that contributes towards effective governance and accountability by enabling citizen engagement and open, responsive government in 12 countries in Africa and Asia. The consortium is seeking additional innovative ideas for funding as well as an opportunity to learn from current actors across various fields in Ghana. Reach for Change is organizing a Digital Changemakers competition sponsored by Tigo. Come learn more about these opportunities at Barcamp Kasoa!
Thought and business leaders in various areas will share insight and inspiration. As usual, we will have multiple user-generated breakout sessions about topics relevant to Kasoa and beyond. Our speed mentoring session will help participants gain insights and answers to questions. Our confirmed resource personnel include
- 9 more arrested over cocaine saga
- More Photos of the Ghanaian Woman-Nayele Ametefeh Whose ‘GOLD Turned into Cocaine’ at Heathrow Airport
- How Does Creation Of Power Ministry Solve Our Energy Problems? – Pratt Quizzes
- I Didn’t Know It Was Cocaine…I Thought It Was Gold – Nayele
- Remove CHRAJ Boss From Hotel Now - Annor Dompreh
- Tigo Extends Deadline For Applications For ‘Digital Change-Makers’ Competition
- Engineers Excellence Awards slated for Saturday December 6
- 2014 Kloyosikplem: Prez Mahama Directs MMDAs To Enforce Sanitation By-Laws
- MP pushes for fresh investigation into fraud allegations against CHRAJ boss
- CDD report ranks Karaga worst performing district