Today family and friends gathered for a memorial and thanksgiving service held in the honour of Komla Afeke Dumor at the Holy Spirit Cathedral in Accra.
It's been a year since the celebrated broadcast journalist, Komla Dumor passed on.
A cross section of the public including ministers of state, Members of Parliament, chiefs and colleague journalist were at the service to mark the day.
Reverend father Wisdom Laweh delivered the sermon at the event that was attended by the likes of Bola Ray, Paul Adom Otchere, Atta Kyia.
The late media icon was a former presenter on Joy FM and until his death, he presented “Focus on Africa” programme on the BBC.
He died on Saturday, January 18, 2014 in his London home at the age of 41.
His body was flown home on February 3, 2014 and was buried on Saturday, February 22.
The impact of his death was felt by both Ghanaians and non-Ghanaians due to the unsurpassed mark he made within the short time he worked as a broadcast journalist.
In May 2014, his family launched the Komla Dumor Memorial Foundation in New York aimed at fostering dialogue on issues of development and to reshape the identity of Africa as the new frontier in the world system.
- Severe malnutrition hits Upper West Region
- President Mahama urged to intervene in Gambia
- Komla Dumor memorial service today
- Man convicted after having sex with mailbox
- Man, 20, arrested for raping 74-year-old woman in the bush
- Mona Montrage faiz kenpong's girlfriend is an international prostitute and a fraud says Adams her former boyfriend and fiancee
- Adams is Man Says Overnight Celebrity- MONA MONTRAGE FAIZ aka Hajia4Reall is a FRAUD & He Has Evidence But He Sounds a Little Dim Too
- Man Who Claims He Died And Resurrected, Presents Photos Of His Funeral And Receipts – Bizarre Photos
- Afia Schwarzenegger shows a lot of skin in daring short dress
- KKD released!!! but Attorney-General May pursue case?