The Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE), an autonomous professional body responsible for ensuring quality standards for Engineers in the country, is holding its maiden Excellence Awards Night on Saturday, 6th December, 2014 at the State Banquet Hall, Accra.
Under the theme: “DESIGN, BUILD AND CONSTRUCT, LET US THINK FOREVER”, the event is expected to attract seasoned Engineers and other affiliate professional bodies to reward their works.
Speaking to the media on the awards, the President of the Ghana Institution of Engineers, Ing. Magnus Lincoln Quarshie said "many Engineers and Non-Engineers professionals working in both the public and private sectors of Ghana continue to play an important role in shaping our environment and promoting sustainable development.
"These professionals need to be appreciated for their efforts and contributions in maintaining the integrity of good engineering practice amidst competing development interest and challenging situations. It's against this backdrop that the Ghana Institution of Engineers has instituted this award ceremony to reward deserving Engineers”.
Nominations for various categories such as Academic Research Awards; Young Engineers Award; Public Sector Awards; Private Sector Awards; External/Associate Awards; Media Awards and ICT Infrastructure Award have been opened.
The Engineers Excellence Awards is being sponsored by Bui Power Authority, Volta River Authority (VRA), Ghana Ports & Harbours Authority (GPHA), Graphic Communications Group Limited.
Other potential sponsors are yet to be named.
- How Does Creation Of Power Ministry Solve Our Energy Problems? – Pratt Quizzes
- I Didn’t Know It Was Cocaine…I Thought It Was Gold – Nayele
- Remove CHRAJ Boss From Hotel Now - Annor Dompreh
- GhanaThink Foundation’s 2nd Barcamp Kasoa Contributes To A Healthy Market For Business
- Tigo Extends Deadline For Applications For ‘Digital Change-Makers’ Competition
- 2014 Kloyosikplem: Prez Mahama Directs MMDAs To Enforce Sanitation By-Laws
- MP pushes for fresh investigation into fraud allegations against CHRAJ boss
- CDD report ranks Karaga worst performing district
- Cocaine scandal: Nine more arrests made
- Pastors, Judges smoke 'ganja' -- Maurice Ampaw alleges