The Ghanaian lady at the centre of the raging cocaine scandal will later Thursday, November 27, 2014 appear before a court in London for the first time since her arrest by UK officials at Heathrow.
The brief hearing will also take her plea to a charge of trafficking and illegally possessing 12.5kg of cocaine.
Ms Ametefe is likely to plead guilty to the charges when her case, with ID number T20141080 Ametefe, is called at the UK court.
She will appear before the Isleworth Crown Court situated at 36 Ridgeway Road for the first time since she was spotted with the 12.5 kilograms of cocaine by UK boarder officials.
Foreign Affairs Minister, Hannah Tetteh, this week revealed Ms Ametefe is resigned to serving a jail term following her interaction with officials of the Ghana High Commission in London.
Hence a guilty plea will confirm what she is reported to have told the consulate officials.
However, a not guilty plea will further complicate matters with potential implications for the Attorney General's efforts to prosecute several Ghanaians arrested in Accra and charged with aiding and abetting the trafficking of narcotics -- charges linked to Ms Ametefe's bust.
Officials of the Bureau of National Investigations have so far 12 persons in Accra in connection with the cocaine bust.
Nayele Ametefe, aka Ruby Adu-Gyamfi, has been locked behind bars since her arrest at the Heathrow International Airport two weeks ago.
The Minority is demanding full disclosure of all facts relating to how Ms Ametefe managed to avoid detection at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).
- Gang of three MPs sue GNPC
- Return my tithes or face court action: Man threatens church
- Ibrahim Mahama Dares Kennedy Agyapong
- VIDEO: Ibrahim Mahama was also sleeping Angel Nayele Ametefe Kennedy Agyepong Says Cocaine Girl is the Girlfriend of President Mahama’s Brother & Also She is Being Chopped Down By the CEO of Ghana Cocoa Board
- AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Mine Increases Safety Measures
- Revealed: Finance Ministry still paying hotel bills for CHRAJ boss
- Amoateng Acquired Passport In Prison
- Sodomised Student Bares It All
- I Have A Diplomatic Passport Gen. Mosquito Confesses
- IMANI Hosts British High Commissioner, H.E. Jon Benjamin