Nsuta (Ash) Jan.15--His Honour Justice Emmanuel Ekow Menash a circuit court judge has stated that circuit court in Ghana has no jurisdiction over indictable offences such as rape, murder, manslaughter, treason.
Justice Ekow Mensah stated this on Thursday, January 15, 2015 when Peter Oppong, a traditional priest was brought before him at the Nsuta circuit court charged with an alleged rape case.
Immediately the Chief Inspector Nana Boamah, the Prosecutor, read the charge, the judge interrupted and said the court had no jurisdiction over rape case as it is in all indictable offences.
The prosecutor not knowing what to do, requested the court to remand the accused person as rape case is an unbailable offence.
The judge refused and advised the prosecutor to send the case to the District Court for committal trial.
- 'No Damba Festival In Bawku'
- Man Denies Paternity Of 5 Children
- GIS Officer Grabbed For Gun Running
- Youth Of Today Only Work On Whatsapp...They've Lost Control Over Their Common Sense
- President Mahama Charges Police Service To Bring Perpetrators Of Murders To Book
- Police To Implement GHC60 Spot Fines
- Nayele Saga: Any Ordinary Person Can File For A Review?
- Legon Terror Arrested
- Amanda Owusu is Afriyie Acquah wife photo pictures
- The sorry story of disabled outcast Joseph Atanga