General Overseer of The Maker's House Chapel International, Dr. Michael Boadi Nyamekye has condemned the practice where citizens remain indolent while depending on the state for survival.
He said it is a wrong practice for people, mostly Christians, to spend so much time praying in church without finding some work to do and expecting God to “feed them from heaven”.
“I am tired of Christianity being a lazy fun-fair whereby all that we do is praying and expecting God to do everything. It doesn't work that way,” he said.
He was preaching the sermon on the theme; “Wealth dynamics” to his congregation on Sunday, December 14, 2014.
“You pray and you play your part and [you] expect God to play his part,” he stated adding that, “God did not save your soul for you to lose your mind; you have to use your mind to create wealth for yourself”.
According to him, there will be more difficult times ahead, unless the people desist from “hinging your happiness upon somebody's mood” and seeing the numerous “problems around us as opportunities for wealth creation”.
“Your greatness is connected to how many streams [opportunities] are surrounding you; until you made it and help people make it you can't be termed as a successful person,” he stated.
Dr. Boadi Nyamekye further advised followers of the various political parties in the country not to resign their fate to the success or failure of their parties but take advantage of policies and programmes instituted by government to create wealth.
- Asikuma-Have stretch of Eastern Corridor road ready in 15 months
- President Mahama in Abuja for ECOWAS Summit
- James Town sets up Council to manage its assets
- National Petroleum Authority's GHC360,000 End Of Year Party Exposed
- Global Solutions supports deprived orphanage
- Policeman, two others killed in separate road crashes in Wa
- Bolga SHS Boys' Dormitory burnt to 'ashes'
- Three feared dead in road crash at Akyem Asafo
- Sunyani Municipal Embarks On Clean Up Exercise After NAFAC Celebration
- Social Carols: Chirano Extends Goodwill To The Poor In Society