The Karaga District in the Northern Region has been ranked worst performing district in the country in a report by the Centre for Democratic Development (CDD).
Karaga scored 15 out of 100.
The District League Table is a ranking tool of progress towards delivering development and key basic services in each of Ghana's Districts.
It also looks at strengthening social accountability for national development and put together in collaboration with UNICEF.
Indicators used include the quality of education, sanitation, rural water, health, security and governance in the districts.
The Tano District was ranked the best performing assembly with Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal coming second.
The Tema Metropolis came 25 th while the Accra Metropolis came 35 th among 216 districts in the country.
Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly was ranked 160 th while Cape Coast took the 163th position.
- GhanaThink Foundation’s 2nd Barcamp Kasoa Contributes To A Healthy Market For Business
- Tigo Extends Deadline For Applications For ‘Digital Change-Makers’ Competition
- Engineers Excellence Awards slated for Saturday December 6
- 2014 Kloyosikplem: Prez Mahama Directs MMDAs To Enforce Sanitation By-Laws
- MP pushes for fresh investigation into fraud allegations against CHRAJ boss
- Cocaine scandal: Nine more arrests made
- Pastors, Judges smoke 'ganja' -- Maurice Ampaw alleges
- Concerned Farmers To Boycott Farmers' Day
- GYEEDA Trial Witness Grilled
- Sodomised Student Speaks Today