Staff Sergeant Joe Bandu, father of Janet Bandu, the lady who supposedly drowned with hip-life maestro, Theophilus Tagoe, has indicated that a reliable source in Takoradi, Western Region, had told him that the musician is alive and cooling off in the city.
Theophilus Tagoe, known in the music industry as Castro and Janet Bandu went 'missing' while cruising in a jet ski at a beach resort in Ada, in the Greater Accra Region in July this year.
Castro and Black Stars captain, Asamoah Gyan were at Aqua Safari – the beach resort – for recreation when the unfortunate incident occurred.
Since the incident, frantic efforts by the police and Ghanaians from all walks of life to find the hip-life musician and his lady friend had proved futile. This had made many people think that Castro is dead.
However, Janet Bandu's father has alleged that 'There are people who are telling me that Castro is alive and is in Takoradi.”
Mr. Bandu was speaking with Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson of Skyy Power FM in Takoradi at the weekend.
According to Mr. Bandu, some people in Takoradi had been giving him information as and when necessary concerning Castro and Janet Bandu's mysterious disappearance.
The father of the missing lady said he would never forgive the family of Castro if the information available to him turned out to be true.
“If it is true that Castro is alive and is in town I am telling you before God and man, I don't know what will happen in this country,' Mr. Bandu fumed.
'If he is alive in Takoradi or any part of the Western Region, then I don't know what will happen. I am demanding my daughter from Castro, if he is no more, may God bless; but if he is alive, I want my daughter”, Mr. Bandu charged.
He denied rumours that he was preparing for the funeral rites of his daughter.
He disclosed that an Accra-based radio station called him about three days ago to ask if it was true that he was preparing for the daughter's funeral, but he answered in the negative, saying that it would be irrational for him to organise a funeral for someone who had not been found dead.
From Emmanuel Opoku, Takoradi
- USAID/MSH/NTBP & KNC Mark TB Care 1 Ghana Project
- Bishop Elijah Salifu Amoako Appeals To Parliament Over GMO Plant Breeders Bill
- AIDS Ambassador confesses: I am not HIV Positive
- Rawlings denies exonerating Kufuor in Ya Na's death
- Volta Chiefs Angry Over Dusty Roads
- Afia Schwarzenegger Jilted by Husband of 3 years as he's married to another woman and has 3 kids - she is in Shock, HeartBroken & Can’t Believe What is Happening
- Asikuma-Have stretch of Eastern Corridor road ready in 15 months
- President Mahama in Abuja for ECOWAS Summit
- James Town sets up Council to manage its assets
- National Petroleum Authority's GHC360,000 End Of Year Party Exposed