An Accra Magistrate court has remanded renowned broadcaster, Kwesi Kyei Darkwa (KKD) into police custody again.
This follows an adjournment of his case for bail by a Human Rights court on Wednesday.
Lawyers for KKD went to the Human Rights court to seek bail explaining that “We are seeking for the bail from the Human Rights court because the District court can’t grant our client bail.”
KKD has been charged with rape but he has denied the allegations saying he had “consensual sex” with the alleged rape victim.
During his appearance in court today, the Magistrate Court presided over by Adwoa Akyaamaa Ofosu adjourned the case to January 22, 2014.
Meanwhile, information available to Citi News indicates that KKD who was limping badly on his left foot has been sent to the Police Hospital for treatment.
Malaka Grant, The Woman Who Claims KKD Asked Her Our for a Date When She Was ONLY 12 Years Old Tells Her Whole Story | Says KKD is a PREDATOR
Another Ghanaian Woman Tells GC How KKD ‘Raped’ Her When She Was 16 Years | Read Her Whole Story Here
Ghana's Bill Cosby AKA KKD Allegations of KKD Sexually Assaulting 2 Women in Past Flying In & Another Says KKD Tried Taking Her Out on a Date When She Was Only 12 Years Old
Source: Citi News
- Muslim leader calls for dissolution of political groupings in Ghana's educational institutions
- Nayele's mother arrested but granted bail over assault
- Committee inaugurated to investigate illegal sale of Tamale state lands
- Power Ministry begins full-scale investigation into ECG meter fire incident
- Gay Doctor Trial: GJA To Expose Contempt Media Houses
- Female contingent takes over guard duties at Presidency
- CJ sets up committee to investigate CHRAJ boss
- Vodafone Ghana brightens the lives of five engineering students
- Video: Bill Gates samples water made from faeces
- Imperial Charity Foundation refurbishes Korle-Bu Maternity Ward