An aspirant in the upcoming district assembly elections has been shot dead in Wa in the Upper West region. He was attacked and shot several times while on his way home after a meeting with other aspirants.
The assailants also absconded with his motorbike leaving behind the number plate.
The body has since been deposited at the regional hospital morgue.
DSP Daniel Kwantwis, the Upper West regional Police Crime Officer said investigations have already commenced into the murder adding that the killers of the assemblyman-aspirant would be arrested.
'We are going on with investigations…we want to extend investigations to the group and the leadership who conducted the meeting,' DSP Kwantwis said.
- Acute water shortage in Bongo compels residents to drink contaminated water
- Moderator Essay Competition Awards Winners For 2015
- Supreme Court cancels District Assembly Elections
- Pupils suspended for drinking palm wine in class
- Former KATH CEO paid judgement debt from hospital account
- KATH coughs out GHC700,000 judgment debt to ex-CEO
- AngloGold Ashanti Announces Management Changes At Its Ghana Office
- MTN builds capacity of online journalists
- Codec Challenge Dr. Osafo Marfo To Produce Tape
- Adulterous South African Couple Gets Stuck After Seks