The General Secretary of the ruling NDC, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah who has been in the news these couple of days over a winter coat he wore during a visit to Germany with President Mahama, has explained the situation by indicating that the coat is in fact his wife’s which he mistakenly took on the trip.
The coat which the chief scribe wore when the entourage was welcomed on their arrival in Germany attracted wide public scrutiny over the gender identity of the coat, with a lot of people suggesting that the coat is actually a feminine one, looking at it’s design and style.
After the picture of the coat went viral, social media fanatics took the opportunity to create meme’s to poke fun at the General secretary. Many were of the view that General Mosquito has disgraced himself and the country by wearing the feminine perceived coat.
In an interview from his Germany base, the NDC General Secretary clarified the unfortunate incident by stating that, the coat is indeed a feminine one which belongs to his wife but he mistakenly took it whiles packing for the trip since they both have the same color.
“These things happen my brother. The coat in question actually belongs to my wife, I bought both from the same store and they have the same colour. Whiles packing my bags for the trip, I mistakenly took hers and only realised the mistake when I opened my bag to wear it when we got here.
There wasn’t much time to go and buy a new one so I had to wear it like that, after all, isn’t it to protect me from the cold?
I know the NPP will make fun of me but I can also hit my chest and say that I’m the only political party executive to chart a new fashion trend. Don’t be surprised if you see this in town soon because the German officials congratulated me for being a real man to wear ladies winter coat.”
From all indications, it looks like our man is on his way to become a trend setter. Below is the coat in question.
- USAID And UNICEF Support Quality Education In Ghana
- Public And Private Organizations Reach Out To Health Ministry With Emergency Drugs
- Accra-Tema Motorway Street Lights Burnt To Ashes
- Don't expect overnight changes, we are in crisis - PURC
- SDA pastor Allegedly Defiles 14-Year-Old Pupil
- I sold fish, lost my girlfriend to fried rice vendor - Franklin Cudjoe
- Photo News: IITA Boosts Research For Development
- Winning rape case against KKD will be difficult - former state prosecutor
- Metropolitan Secruty Committee outlines preventive fire measures
- First Capital Plus Bank Presents GHC1 Million Cheque To GFA