Black Stars captain, Asamoah Gyan, has been reportedly been ruled out of Ghana's semi-finals clash Thursday against the host nation, Equatorial Guinea, in the ongoing AFCON 2015 tournament.
Asamoah Gyan was injured after a crude tackle by Guinea goalkeeper, Naby Yattara, when both players contested a 50-50 ball in their quarter-final clash, which Ghana won 3-0.
It’s not clear if Gyan will be available for the final if the Black Stars make it through.
The Ghana Football Association (GFA) is however, yet to comment on the development.
Ghana coach, Avram Grant, has called on the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to ban goalkeeper Yattara – who has refused to apologise – for life.
- PICTURES: Muna Obiekwe’s funeral photos - Muna Obiekwe’s Burial, Funeral & Lying In State Pictures: Late Nigerian Actor Buried In Umudioka, Anambra
- Lovers killed by generator fumes due to Mahama’s Dumsor Dumsor
- Dying businesses, stale foods- vendors cry over 'dumsor'
- Mother of paralyzed 17-year-old boy calls for help
- Energy Minister faces public hearing after failed promises
- Soldiers Honour Unity Oil Boss
- J.B Danquah's Family Barred From Visiting Nsawam Prisons
- Cartoon: Rumble at flagstaff house
- NADMO responds to displaced South Tongu communities
- Confirmed: Malor, Atuguba leave Presidency