After years of campaigning for HIV awareness, popular AIDS ambassador, Joyce Dzidzor Mensah has denied that she is HIV positive.
She says ''I am not HIV positive, but I did confess that I was for the sake of those who are really HIV positive''.
The AIDS Ambassador for many years, had claimed that she was an HIV patient.
She had been invited to speak on several occasions by churches, schools, crusades, companies and seminars both within and outside the country.
Joyce has even written a book and acted a movie which explained how she contracted the virus. In the movie, starring John Dumelo, she indicated that she came from a poor family and after her BECE, had no money to further her education.
She had claimed she contracted the virus through the director in her church. It was this time that she met a man of God who decided to sponsor her music career. Joyce at this stage told her story to people and made a CD out of it.
By this reason, she became an AIDS Ambassador and traveled to other countries to share her story.
But speaking on several media platforms Monday, December 15, 2014, Joyce has confessed that she lied regarding her status and has rendered an apology to the whole world.
The controversial ambassador when asked if she'd thought of the legal implications says she is ready to face any legal action resulting from her confession.
Meanwhile persons living with HIV have expressed dismay at the deception.
- Veep Ammisah Arthur Leads Health Walk From Ayi Mensah To Aburi Gardens At 63-Yrs
- Kaymu Educates Kantamanto Vendors On E-Commence To Boost Their Business
- Ghana Electrometer Advocates For More Private Investment In The Energy Sector
- USAID/MSH/NTBP & KNC Mark TB Care 1 Ghana Project
- Bishop Elijah Salifu Amoako Appeals To Parliament Over GMO Plant Breeders Bill
- Rawlings denies exonerating Kufuor in Ya Na's death
- Volta Chiefs Angry Over Dusty Roads
- Castro Pops Up In Takoradi
- Afia Schwarzenegger Jilted by Husband of 3 years as he's married to another woman and has 3 kids - she is in Shock, HeartBroken & Can’t Believe What is Happening
- Asikuma-Have stretch of Eastern Corridor road ready in 15 months