The Police in Agogo in the Ashanti Region are on a hunting for three persons said to have murdered a New Patriotic Party (NPP) polling station executive who was strangled to death.
Relatives found Daniel Tweneboa dead and abandoned in a bush and they reported the case to the police.
Agogo District Police Commander, ASP George Amponsah told Joy News the police suspect foul play.
According to him, Daniel was travelling on his motorbike around 7pm Saturday when the incident happened.
ASP Amponsah noted that his body and the motorbike were found at different locations.
“Those who carried out the murder are about two or three because it looks as if the neck was twisted. We couldn't see any marks like he has been shot or maybe a cutlass wound,” he added.
Member of Parliament (MP) for Akyem, Kwadwo Baah Asante told Joy News the incident has raised security concerns among residents.
He said, “We have been talking about security in our area for so many years. This is the season that the Fulani people also strike and coincidentally DCOP Kofi Boakye was there to calm nerves concerning our biannual clashes with Fulanis on the farmland.”
“On security concerns, we have a lot of issues,” Mr Asante lamented and urged that the police unit in the area to be augmented.
- AUDIO: Mona Exposed | Asamoah Gyan has eaten Ghanaian Millionaire Kennedy Agyepong AKA Kenpong's wife Mona says ex-wife amanda | Even Sulley Muntari, Emmanuel Adebayor and Others Have all slept with her
- Mahama rallies Abudus and Andanis for peace
- Photos: Rev Mike Abossey launches 'Prayer; Divine Conversation'
- TMA rolls out regeneration plan in bid to retain industrial hub status
- Interior Minister wants inter-ethnic peace committee formed in Nkonya
- NDC woman turns heat on Nayele's mother; wants her investigated
- Kpong Dam Generation Station route closed
- Atta Akyea et al may head to Supreme Court over GNPC loan saga
- Cash and Carry returns as Huni Valley hospitals turn away patients with NHIS cards
- GCAA begins investigations into Ethiopian plane crash at KIA