The Ministry of Health has five more days to tidy up the conditions of service for 4,000 doctors else they will quit public health service on the day Ghana celebrates 55 years as a Republic.
Deputy General Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association says after July 1, doctors within the association “will all go out there and get a new employer” if they don't get their conditions of service.
The Executive Council of the Ghana Medical Association has called an Extra Ordinary General Meeting to affirm the decision to quit en masse next week.
This is the first of such a meeting in a decade, Deputy General Secretary of GMA, Dr. Justice Yanson revealed on Joy News.
The doctors and the health sector workers union boycotted a planned meeting with the Health Ministry, Wednesday after complaining that they were given a document to sign- one they were not privy to.
The health sector workers union and the doctors refused to sign the draft document on conditions of service.
The doctors claimed apart from two weeks mortuary fees which they are exempt from paying when they die, they do not have any conditions of service that spells out benefits and responsibilities.
Deputy General Secretary of the GMA Dr Justice Yankson told Joy News Wednesday that when they are sick they are made to pay for health care services, buy medications as any other patient would despite the many risks they take in caring for the sick.
They have warned that they would no longer work for the state if their conditions of service is not consummated.
Story by Ghana|Myjoyonline|Edwin Appiah|[email protected]
- MTN Completes 21 Days Of Yello Care Staff Volunteer Program
- Temporary shelter for displaced residents of Sodom and Gomorrah to be ready tomorrow
- Midland/GBU launches 'help buy canes for the blind' campaign
- Lady Julia 'walks' with queen-mothers in Kumasi
- Blakk Rasta may likely be hauled before Bar of Parliament- Baako
- Asamoah Gyan s3x scandal: Sarah Kwabla to sue media houses
- VIDEO: Sarah Kwabla is REALLY WILD Like A CAT in bed - Watch Asamoah Gyan leaked Tape and pregnant partner
- Teacher Kills 2-Month-Old Son
- Wedding Wallet: How much must you spend?
- Health Ministry schedules second meeting with doctors to end service conditions impasse