The Adabraka Police is on a manhunt for 37-year-old Joyce Oduro for stealing GH¢470,000 from her former employers.
Police say on January 4, 2014, the suspect in her capacity as an Investment Officer of an unnamed financial institution in Accra received a cheque of GH¢470.000.00 on behalf of the company, but failed to forward it to the company.
"She opened an account with similar name and deposited the cheque into it. She was arrested on April 2014 during Audit inspection and handed over to the police", said a statement signed by Chief Superintendent Cephas Kofie at the Adabraka Police.
According to the statement Joyce Oduro was granted bail after her arrest but her whereabout remains unknown to the police.
The suspect is fair in complection, stout, 5"4 in height and hails from Sunyani in the Brong Ahafo Region, police say.
She is believed to be hiding in Accra, Aflao, Takoradi, Sunyani, Kumasi and Elubo.
Police is appealing for public assistance to apprehend the suspect.
- Ex-Convict Jailed 40 Years
- Japan Supports Five Communities
- Dr Ametewee defrauds NHIA of GH¢415,000
- MEET Yaw Offei - The limping photographer who has slept with 84 women in begro - Full Biography and History
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Begoro S£xtapes man victims as chief says he's an SDA Choir master
- Efforts to develop meaningless without institutional reforms - Nii Moi Thompson
- KKD saga: Court directs prosecution of case today
- Govt moves to tighten security of websites after Turkish Group hack
- Trial for notorious Johnson Kombian resumes today
- Rawlings, Kufuor hail Kojo Yankson's new book